All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services” which are the basic treatment of ill people.
We also provide the following “additional services”
- Child health surveillance and immunisation of children (in partnership with our local Health Visiting team)
- Contraceptive services
- Maternity services (in partnership with our local Community Midwives)
- Cervical smears
- Travel advice and selected travel immunisations. Please note not all vaccinations are available on the NHS
Please speak to one of our Practice Nurses for details.
We also provide the following “enhanced services”
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect patients who are at risk.
- Regular monitoring via blood and urine tests for patients prescribed particular medications for arthritis, heart failure and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with long-term conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and asthma.
Link Worker Services (in partnership with We are with you)
The practice has a Link Worker (Leon Pepper) who can support patients to access activities and resources in the local community. These include:
- benefits advice
- housing advice
- physical activity programmes
- mental well-being
- carers advice
Leon can also see and support patients who are experiencing difficulties with their mental health. Patients have told us that speaking to the Link Worker has been a very positive experience, contributing to an improvement in their overall health and enabling them to feel more in control of their situation.
Appointments are available on Mondays and can be pre-booked via reception.
For more information about the Link Worker service, speak to reception. Visit www.wearewithyou.org.uk/what-we-do/community-links/ or email email@example.com.
Physiotherapy at Riverview Medical Centre
See our dedicated physiotherapy page for information.
Our in-house Practice Pharmacist Emma Lewis is available to help patients with any queries regarding their medication. Please ask at reception if you would like to speak to Emma.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Patients can be referred for a course of CBT via the “Doing Well” service. Appointments with the CBT Therapist are held at the surgery. Please speak to your GP for more information.
Ear wax treatment
Our ear wax treatment information leaflet is available to view online and contains details of the services we are currently able to offer.