All GP practices have been instructed by the Health Board NOT to issue repeat prescriptions unless they are due, and not to issue any more than 2 months supply at a time. This is to ensure that pharmacies are able to keep enough stock for all patients. Please do not request early or extra supplies of your repeat items as we will not be able to issue these.
Patients should no longer collect their prescriptions from the surgery. If you request a prescription, this will be sent to your chosen pharmacy. Please do not come into the surgery to collect prescriptions.
We apologise for any inconvenience but hope that patients will understand that we are taking these steps to protect the most vulnerable patients in our community and to help us keep the Practice open and running.
Repeat prescriptions – to reduce the need for patients to come into the surgery, for now we will take requests for repeat prescriptions over the phone. Please phone after 10am to order any repeat items. Prescriptions will be sent to your pharmacy for you to collect. Please do not come to the surgery to collect prescriptions. Where possible we appreciate patients continuing to order repeat prescriptions online or via your pharmacy – this helps keep the surgery phone lines clear for patients who may be unwell.
How can I order a repeat prescription?
- Telephone your request to your usual Pharmacy (this is often quicker than contacting the surgery)
- Complete the tear off section of your last prescription (on the right hand side of each repeat prescription) and put it into the red box in reception. Some chemists will arrange collection of your prescriptions and delivery if required – discuss this with your chosen chemist.
- Online ordering using our Patient Access service (you will need to register for this service – please speak to reception). Some chemists will arrange collection of your prescriptions and delivery if required – discuss this with your chosen chemist.
Please allow 2 working days for any repeat prescriptions to be available to collect from the surgery.
How do I request an item that is not on my repeat medication list?
Special requests can be made for items which you have been prescribed before but which are not on your repeat medication list. Please order any special request items by phone or in person at reception.
Requests which are received before 4pm will not be available for collection from the surgery until after 1.30 pm the following working day.
If a special request is received after 4pm it will not be available for collection until after 1.30pm in 2 working days.
If the GP declines to issue your item for any reason you will be contacted by reception to explain the reason for this.
Pharmacies which are usually open on public holidays are noted below. Please note this list may not be completely up to date and you may wish to call ahead to check.
- Boots – Braehead Shopping Centre. Telephone: 0141 885 9099
- Boots – High Street, Paisley. Telephone: 0141 889 3897
- Asda – Phoenix Retail Park, Linwood. Telephone: 0141 842 8520
- Abbey Chemist – Lonend Paisley, 0141 889 9883
- Penmans Pharmacy – William Street Johnstone, 01505 320116
- Penmans Pharmacy – High Street Johnstone, 01505 335986
- Penmans Pharmacy – William Street Lochwinnoch, 01505 842227
- Glenburn Pharmacy – Paisley, 01418844842